翻译资格考试

导航

罗密欧与朱丽叶剧本完整版中英对照

来源 :华课网校 2024-06-20 13:21:57

《罗密欧与朱丽叶》是莎士比亚最为著名的戏剧之一,被誉为西方文学的经典之作。这部戏剧讲述了两个年轻人罗密欧和朱丽叶的爱情故事,他们来自两个敌对的家族,最终在悲剧中结束了他们的生命。

下面是《罗密欧与朱丽叶》剧本完整版的中英对照:

Act I 第一幕

Scene I 第一场

Verona. A public place. 维罗纳。一个公共场所。

Enter Sampson and Gregory, of the house of Capulet, armed with swords and bucklers. 桑普森和格雷戈里,开普莱特家的人,拿着剑和小盾牌走了进来。

Sampson: Gregory, o' my word, we'll not carry coals. 求你,格雷戈里,我们可不能受侮辱。

Gregory: No, for then we should be colliers. 不会,那样我们就会成为煤匠了。

Sampson: I mean, an we be in choler, we'll draw. 我的意思是,如果我们生气了,我们就拔出剑来。

Gregory: Ay, while you live, draw your neck out o' the collar. 好的,只要你还活着,就把脖子从领口里伸出来。

Sampson: I strike quickly, being moved. 我一激动就会快速挥剑。

Gregory: But thou art not quickly moved to strike. 但你不是那么容易动怒的人。

Sampson: A dog of the house of Montague moves me. 蒙太古家的狗惹怒了我。

Gregory: To move is to stir, and to be valiant is to stand. Therefore, if thou art moved, thou runn'st away. 动起来就是要引起骚动,勇敢就是要坚定不移。所以,如果你被激怒了,你会逃跑。

Sampson: A dog of that house shall move me to stand. I will take the wall of any man or maid of Montague's. 那家的狗让我站起来。我会比蒙太古家的任何男人或女人都更加强壮。

Gregory: That shows thee a weak slave, for the weakest goes to the wall. 这表明你是一个软弱的奴隶,最弱的人才会靠着墙。

Sampson: 'Tis true, and therefore women, being the weaker vessels, are ever thrust to the wall. Therefore I will push Montague's men from the wall and thrust his maids to the wall. 这是真的,因此,女人是弱者,总是被推到墙上。因此,我要把蒙太古家的男人从墙上推下来,把他们的女孩子推上墙。

Gregory: The quarrel is between our masters and us their men. 争端是我们的主人和我们的男人之间的。

Sampson: 'Tis all one. I will show myself a tyrant. When I have fought with the men, I will be cruel with the maids. I will cut off their heads. 没什么区别。我会表现得像个暴君。当我和男人们打斗时,我会对女孩们很残忍。我会砍掉他们的头。

Gregory: The heads of the maids? 女孩子的头?

Sampson: Ay, the heads of the maids, or their maidenheads. Take it in what sense thou wilt. 是的,女孩子的头,或者是她们的贞操。你怎么理解都可以。

Gregory: They must take it in sense that feel it. 他们必须按照感觉去理解。

Sampson: Me they shall feel while I am able to stand. And 'tis known I am a pretty piece of flesh. 我还能站起来的时候,他们会感受到我的存在。而且众所周知,我是一个相当有魅力的人。

Gregory: 'Tis well thou art not fish. If thou hadst, thou hadst been poor-John. Draw thy tool. Here comes two of the house of Montagues. 很好,你不是一条鱼。如果你是,你就会成为穷人的约翰了。拔出你的武器。蒙太古家的两个人走了过来。

Enter two other Servingmen, Abram and Balthasar. 进来两个其他的仆人,亚伯拉罕和巴尔萨萨。

Sampson: My naked weapon is out. Quarrel, I will back thee. 我的兵器已经出来了。打架吧,我会支持你的。

Gregory: How? turn thy back and run? 怎么?转身就跑?

Sampson: Fear me not. 不要怕我。

Gregory: No, marry. I fear thee! 不,我怕你!

Scene II 第二场

Enter Benvolio and Tybalt. 进入贝诺福利奥和提伯尔特。

Tybalt: What, art thou drawn among these heartless hinds? Turn thee, Benvolio. Look upon thy death. 你这个胆小鬼,你和这些无脑的家伙一起出来干嘛?转过来,贝诺福利奥,看看你的死亡吧。

Benvolio: I do but keep the peace. Put up thy sword, Or manage it to part these men with me. 我只是维持和平。放下你的剑,或者和我一起协助分开这些人。

Tybalt: What, drawn and talk of peace? I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee. Have at thee, coward! 什么,拔出剑来,还说和平?我恨这个词,就像我恨地狱、所有蒙太古家和你一样。去死吧,懦夫!

They fight. Enter, several of both houses, who join the fray; then enter Citizens with clubs. 他们开始打斗。几个蒙太古家和开普莱特家的人加入了战斗。然后,一些市民带着棍棒冲进来。

First Citizen: Clubs, bills, and partisans! Strike! Beat them down! Down with the Capulets! Down with the Montagues! 棍棒、长柄武器和矛!打!把他们打倒!打倒开普莱特家!打倒蒙太古家!

Enter Capulet in his gown, and Lady Capulet. 开普莱特穿着长袍,夫人也进来了。

Capulet: What noise is this? Give me my long sword, ho! 什么声音?给我我的长剑!

Lady Capulet: A crutch, a crutch! Why call you for a sword? 拐杖,拐杖!你为什么要叫剑?

Capulet: My sword, I say! Old Montague is come, And flourishes his blade in spite of me. 我说我的剑!老蒙太古来了,他挥舞着剑,就是想跟我作对。

Enter Montague and Lady Montague. 蒙太古和夫人也进来了。

Montague: Thou villain Capulet!- Hold me not, let me go. 你这个恶棍,开普莱特!-别拉着我,让我去。

M. Capulet: Thou shalt not stir a foot to seek a foe. 你别想去找敌人。

Enter Prince Escalus, with his Train. 王子埃斯卡拉斯和他的随从进来了。

Prince: Rebellious subjects, enemies to peace, Profaners of this neighbor-stained steel- Will they not hear? What, ho! you men, you beasts, That quench the fire of your pernicious rage With purple fountains issuing from your veins- On pain of torture, from those bloody hands Throw your mistempered weapons to the ground, And hear the sentence of your moved prince. Three civil brawls, bred of an airy word By thee, old Capulet, and Montague, Have thrice disturbed the quiet of our streets, And made Verona's ancient citizens Cast by their grave-beseeming ornaments To wield old partisans, in hands as old, Cankered with peace, to part your cankered hate. If ever you disturb our streets again, Your lives shall pay the forfeit of the peace. For this time, all the rest depart away. You, Capulet, shall go along with me, And, Montague, come you this afternoon, To know our further pleasure in this case, To old Free-town, our common judgment-place. Once more, on pain of death, all men depart. 叛乱的臣民,和平的敌人,亵渎这个受到污染的邻居的钢铁- 他们不会听吗?什么,你们这些人,你们这些野兽,用从你们的血管中流出的紫色喷泉来扑灭你们那危险的愤怒-如果你们不把那些血淋淋的手中的武器扔到地上,就要受到酷刑,听听被激怒的王子的判决。由于你们这个老开普莱特和蒙太古的一句话引起的三次内乱,三次扰乱了我们街道的宁静,使维罗纳的古老公民们抛弃了他们庄严的装饰,拿起了旧的长柄武器,在老手中拿着和平,分开你们那腐朽的仇恨。如果你们再次扰乱我们的街道,你们的生命将要为和平付出代价。这一次,其他人都离开。你,开普莱特,跟我走。而蒙太古,今天下午,你来自由城,我们会告诉你们这个案子的进一步内容。所有人再次离开,否则就要受到死亡的惩罚。

分享到

您可能感兴趣的文章

相关推荐

热门阅读

最新文章